JavaScript Forum JS Made Easy: Free JavaScripts Tutorials Example Code
About This Product
FontsMadeEasy.com

The Business Internet
Find it on This page:

| Over 5000 Free Fonts | Tutorials | Javascript Forum | Other Javascript Resources | Cheat Sheet

Jsmadeeasy Forums Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
JS Made Easy  > JavaScript programming  > Newbie...forgive my blunders, please!  

Display using:  
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Newbie...forgive my blunders, please!
Cinnamon is not online. Last active: 7/28/2004 3:52:08 PM Cinnamon
Total Posts: 2

Newbie...forgive my blunders, please!
Posted: 12 Jun 2002 01:29 PM
Hi all! I think this is awesome. But I do have a question...I have been looking for a cgi-script for almost a year-and-a-half now, either an available one or one that would teach me how to make it.

It will be for a site that has growing pots of flowers, that people can come through, fill out a form and have the info sent to the person it is going to. This is what I want it to do...

Someone comes in looks at the selection...
Chooses which one they want...
Fill in the form....
Then the form is automatically sent to who they got the gift for...
In the script...there is an empty flower pot, 7 days later the flower pot is showing some growth, another 7 days and the flower is almost full size and has buds, another 7 days and the plant has bloomed. Another 7 days and the flower expires. Each of the 7 days would have their graphic, well...ok...I would have it
How do I develop a script like this? I know it is possible, I have seen it before. I even got up the guts to ask about it but they shot me down big time. Said they made it and weren't going to share it.

Thanks!

Cinnamon

qsaaiman is not online. Last active: 5/30/2006 4:23:08 AM qsaaiman
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 21

Re:
Posted: 13 Jun 2002 02:14 AM
Hey.

They are prolly systems developers with big ego's. Anyways, I can prolly do that script in Javascript, but it is gonna take some time to do, so if you want it let me know & I will see about setting things up.

I donno CGI so don't ask about that, I be a JavaScript Junkie. :)

Cya

Quintin Saaiman
Department of Labour
IT Systems

Quintin Saaiman
Cinnamon is not online. Last active: 7/28/2004 3:52:08 PM Cinnamon
Total Posts: 2

Re:
Posted: 13 Jun 2002 02:32 PM
Thank you for your offer. I would love to be able to say please set it up but I cannot afford to pay someone. You are a love for offering and I sincerely wish I could take you up on it. I want to learn everything, unfortunately I was registered at the college and the changed their degree requirements again, and I couldn't do it on there terms, so I was only able to get 1 of the 4 certificates, the IT Basics Cert...with high honors. But I wasn't able to get to the programming stage.

Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Jsmadeeasy.com  > JS Made Easy  > JavaScript programming  > Newbie...forgive my blunders, please!